- Online group classes starting Oct 6th, Wednesdays from 6:30-7:45pm. TBC
- Signup will be available tonight.
- Outdoor rhythm and arm-work workshops: Oct 2nd and 9th, 11am – 12:30pm at 404 Wing Club.
- Signup will be available tonight.
- Please stand by for information on in-person classes as we work on securing a space.
Click any class for more information.
Group dance classes: August 2021
In August we are offering In Person as well as Zoom classes!
Wednesday, August 4th & 11th:
- Technique and bulerias, mult-level class
Learning remates, llamadas (percussive bits), and marcajes (marking steps) por bulerias.
Saturday, August 7th & 14th:
- Bulerias 101
- Rhythm and clapping for bulerias with basic steps, in street shoes
- $20/90 mins
- In Person!
- Messiah Lutheran Church parking lot lawn
- 700 Glen Forrest Blvd, Waterloo, ON N2L 4K6
Learning how to clap bulerias, where to accent, and how to do a basic movement combination to live music.
Technique classes (dance)
See group classes above for the month of August.
Beginner posture, arms & hands (braceo and floreo):
The fundamentals of correct alignment, armwork in the flamenco aesthetic and the how-to’s of flamenco hands
Beginner footwork technique & drills:
Review of the strokes of the feet, exercises of beginners and repetition basic drills with emphasis on fundamental technique and rhythm
Intermediate Flamenco cante (singing)
This class is for students with previous flamenco experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience.
- every other Friday
Please email us to inquire about this class.
Private lessons (can be shared with a friend)
Lessons are currently held online (via Zoom), and for the summer, at agreed-upon outdoor locations, i.e., in a private or rent-able yard or patio. Please email us for availability and/or details. Please note, outdoor lessons require some degree of flexibility for re-scheduling, due to changing weather conditions.
- 1 hour – $50
- Half-Hour – $30
- The above pricing assumes that the student comes to us, to one of our locations in KW or Scarborough. For outbound classes, e.g., at a studio or student’s home, gas and commute time will be added to the above base rate (with the commute time at the same rate as that above). If you would like classes to be held at another studio location, the studio rental fee will also be added. Please note, for outbound private lessons, the overall set-up of the space (i.e., the suitability of the flooring, spacing, acoustics, etc.) must be approved in advance by CaluJules.
- In an effort to try and make the arts accessible, CaluJules offers private lessons at $40/hour (or potentially at a price-to-income model) to students who could not afford classes otherwise, i.e., college/university students who no longer live at home and are paying their own way through school, parents on a modest income trying to provide their children with enriching extra-curricular art classes, fellow low-income arts workers who make their living off of the arts, persons on disability or seniors with a low and fixed income. If you think you meet this criteria, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Join Claudia for her personal weekly practice. This is a not a class, but rather an open practice wherein Claudia will explain what exercises she’ll be doing and what goals she’s trying to meet. This is modelled after Yoga studios that offer “Karma Fridays,” meaning that attendance is drop-in, without a fixed fee, but are donations are accepted.
- Not currently scheduled. Please check again in the new year.
Time: 6-6:45pm Pay what you can! You can e-transfer to email@example.com or use a credit card. Location/medium: Zoom (link to be shared upon registration).
Sign up using this form. Please make sure you sign up one hour before at the latest, so we have time to send you the Zoom link. No need to sign up again for consequent sessions once you have the Zoom info.